We take pride in our work, making sure you get a quality valve and service at a competitive price in a timely manner.
Mercer Valve offers our “VR” certified shop, repairing all manufacturers’ brands of pressure relief valves up to eight inches in size.
We also offer our “ANSI” shop, repairing and selling rebuilt pumps, ball valves, orbits and gate valves. Our on-site service utilizes four mobile units and one emergency unit.
We also recognize the importance of safety and training. The Mercer Valve Repair Division has an extensive training program to ensure that only qualified technicians are working on our customer’s valves.
Mercer Valve began its valve repair business in 1986, under the direction of Wesley L. Taylor. We became “VR” certified in 1986. In the fall of 1989, Glen Quillin became the Valve Repair Manager where he brought fifteen years of oil and gas industry experience to Mercer’s team. Since then, the Repair Division has grown from a two-man shop to 21 employees.
The Repair Brochure details what we offer.
Our “VR” repair is performed in accordance with standards set by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
- We test and repair all brands to ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code VR Standards
- 10,000 PSI Air Testing
- Staff is certified in the repair of Section VIII air, gas and liquid pressure relief valves.
Mercer Valve offers full safety valve service capabilities right at your facilities.
- All field tests are performed and documented in compliance with DOT Rules and Regulations governing pipelines
- Relief Valve Field Testing and Repair
- Ball and Gate Valve Maintenance and Lubrication
You can rely on Mercer Valve to provide accurate data management. We are able to track valves using our “Valvtrax” system. We can track by PSV, Location, Serial Number, etc. This tracking system enables us to replace parts, valves or whatever your need may be.
Contact us for a quote on turnarounds, testing, repairs or emergency service.
The safety of your Personnel and Equipment is dependent in part on the proper operation of your relief valves, which is why we believe training is so critical.
- “VR” Training
- Safety Training
- OQ Requirements
Following are some of the resources we utilize for our training needs
- In-House – National Board “VR” Stamp Program
- NCCER Certified In-House Evaluator and Instructor (National Center for Construction Education and Research)
- Career Tech Schools
- Oklahoma & National Safety Council
- Contractors Safety Council of the Texas Mid-Coast, Inc.
To comply with D.O.T. and our customers OQ requirements we are affiliated with the following compliance services:
- PEC Premier
We will be happy to look at any additional services to meet your needs.